Buying your Licence from a Retail Location
There are numerous private businesses that sell hunting and sportfishing licences throughout Alberta. To purchase a licence from a private retailer:
- Step 1 - Activate your Wildlife Identification Number (WiN)
If you don’t already have a Wildlife Identification Number (WIN). Visit the AlbertaRELM website at:
- Step 2 - Find a Private Licence Issuer / Retail Location
Private Licence Issuer retail locations are listed alphabetically by town or city name here:
When purchasing a licence from a retail location, be sure to have with you:
- Your Virtual or Plastic WiN Card
- Government-issued photo ID (example: driver’s licence, passport)
Before Purchasing your Licence
Hunting Regulations, Licence Eligibility and Requirements
- Anglers and hunters should know the regulations for the area where you plan to fish or hunt.
- Anglers should check age and other requirements for Alberta sportfishing licences.
- Hunters should check their eligibility to hold Alberta hunting licences.
Review the current copy of either the Alberta Guide to Hunting Regulations and/or the Alberta Guide to Sportfishing Regulations at:
Licences for Hunting or Fishing Draws
If you are buying your licence while applying for a hunting draw, see:
If you are buying your licence applying for a walleye fishing draw, see:
Updated: Jun 23, 2020