A hunting allocation or Special Licence allows the hunting of a specific species and type or class of animal during an identified hunting season within a specific area.
Allocations are used to manage the hunting opportunity for Non-Residents and Non-Resident Alien hunters who participate in hunting in Alberta through a professional Outfitter.
Special Licences are used when demand exceeds available opportunity, and defined season length and harvests are necessary to ensure the conservation of a species is properly managed. Special Licences are distributed through a draw process which hunters participate in annually to achieve desired harvest goals and hunter opportunity.
2021 Big game allocation reports
These reports outline the distribution of hunting opportunities available in the 2021 hunting season provided by Alberta Environment and Parks to:
- Landowners (where applicable)
- Non-Residents / Non-Resident Aliens through Outfitter Guides
Information presented includes:
- Wildlife Management Unit or Units (WMU)
- Number of current Outfitter Allocations
- Landowner Licences sold the previous hunting season
- Number of Special Licences available through the draw process
Please Note: The following files are large and may take considerable time to download depending on your Internet connection.
Updated: Aug 13, 2021