Buy Licences - Online
COVID-19 response: temporary closures
The Government of Alberta has temporarily closed front counters at all Fish and Wildlife offices across the province.
Alberta Parks facilities, including parking lots, are also temporarily closed. For more information, visit the Alberta Parks advisories page.
For more information about Alberta’s COVID-19 response, visit COVID-19 info for Albertans.
Before purchasing your licence online...
Hunting Regulations, Licence Eligibility and Requirements
- Anglers and hunters should know the regulations for the area where you plan to fish or hunt.
- Anglers should check age and other requirements for Alberta sportfishing licences.
- Hunters should check their eligibility to hold Alberta hunting licences.
Do You Have Your WIN Card?
If you don’t already have your pre-numbered Wildlife Identification Number (WIN) you can apply for one either online or in person.
You will receive immediate notification of your WIN once you complete your application. Your plastic WIN card will be mailed to you in approximately four weeks.
You can also renew or update your WIN Card online.
Buying your licence online
Alberta recreational hunting and sportfishing licences can be purchased online 24 hours a day, year round:
- Buy a fishing licence or apply for a Special Walleye Licence draw
- Buy a hunting licence or apply for a hunting draw
In addition to applying for your WIN or purchasing your hunting or fishing licence online, you can also use AlbertaRELM
- buy bow hunting and other special hunting permits
- get Chronic Wasting Disease (CWD) test results for your harvested deer head submissions
- reprint your lost or destroyed licence purchased online
- view draw applications, draw results, draw priorities and licence history for the last 5 years
If you need assistance purchasing your licences online, contact the RELM Help Desk:
Toll-free in North America: 1-888-944-5494
Updated: Jun 19, 2018