Alberta's Pheasant Release Program is now run entirely by the Alberta Conservation Association (ACA). For information on the ACA's pheasant release program, or
specific locations of release sites please contact the ACA by using the links directly below.
Hunters are reminded to adhere to all landowner requests, and to use respect at all times:
- Close gates
- Hunt on foot
- Keep vehicles in designated parking lots and trails
- Pick up all garbage and spent shells
- Advise landowners of any livestock or fencing issues you may encounter
- Refrain from cleaning birds at release properties
- Remember that fires are not allowed on release properties
Release days are variable throughout the season and hunters are discouraged from ‘following the truck’, as this is both
unethical and can be a safety hazard to release personnel.
Check the Alberta Guide to Hunting Regulations for the regulations that apply:
For additional information on licensing requirements, see:
Updated: Oct 22, 2016