Undersubscribed Special Licences
When too few people apply for special licences in some WMUs the undersubscribed special licences are made available for sale to eligible hunters online and at licence issuers.
Undersubscribed Special Licences Available
Please visit Alberta RELM for the quotas available
IMPORTANT! Once an undescribed licence has been purchased, it will not be cancelled. It may affect your ability to purchase other licences for that species. Please see the Alberta Guide to Hunting Regulations – Licences and Combinations before making your purchase.
Purchasing Undersubscribed Special Licences
Licences are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
Real time licence availability will appear once you have logged into your profile and have selected the undersubscribed species. Once quota has been depleted the licence will no longer appear.
- To purchase a special undersubscribed licence online, you must have a pre-numbered Government of Alberta tag & wire before you begin your purchase.
There are 4 options to order tags:
- Contact Us page on AlbertaRelm.com
- AlbertaRelm mobile App
- Contacting the AlbertaRelm Help Desk at 1-888-944-5494
- In person at a Alberta Fish and Wildlife District office or a Licence Issuer
August 1, 2023
Sale will close when all available licences have been purchased.
If you require further assistance about the Undersubscribed Special Licence process, call:
- 1-888-944-5494 Toll Free in North America
Restrictions on eligibility and licence combinations are the same as in the regular hunting draws process. For example,
if you were drawn for an Antlerless Mule Deer Special Licence, you cannot get another Antlerless Mule Deer Licence through
the undersubscribed licence sale.
- Non-resident (Canadian) hunters are eligible for only certain special licences. Non-resident Alien hunters are not eligible for these special licences.
- You do not need to have applied in the draw to be eligible to buy an undersubscribed special licence.
- Any person in possession of a valid WIN and in compliance with the above may purchase a special licence.
Learn more about eligibility requirements:
Updated: Jul 17, 2023