Undersubscribed Special Licences
When too few people apply for special licences in some WMUs the undersubscribed special licences are made available for sale to eligible hunters online and at licence issuers.
Undersubscribed Special Licences Available
Please visit Alberta RELM for the quotas available
Reserving and Buying Your Special Licence
To buy an undersubscribed special licence, you must first reserve the licence and then confirm your reservation has been approved. Once approved, your special licence can be purchased.
Buying Undersubscribed Special Licences
- Licences are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- You can reserve your licence either online or at a licence issuer.
August 9, 2017
Sale will close when all available licences have been purchased.
Reserving and purchasing your Undersubscribed Special Licence
- Make sure you have your credit card and a WIN to purchase the application; cost is $3.35 (plus GST) per application.
- Enter the AlbertaRELM website and sign in.
- Select the Purchase tab at the top of the page.
- Under the Purchase Licence dropdown menu, select Draw Applications.
You may reserve a licence of the same kind of special licence for the same WMU for up to 3 other hunters provided you have their WINs.
To purchase your Undersubscribed Special Licence online you require a prenumbered Government of Alberta paper tag and wire available at your local Fish and Wildlife office, by calling 1-888-944-5494 or at your local issuer.
- To reserve and purchase your licence at a licence issuer you must bring your WIN and provide the issuer with the draw code(s).
- Cost $3.35 (plus GST) per application.
Once a licence has been reserved, it will not be cancelled. It will be considered sold. It is important that the licence is purchased in order to achieve the annual harvest goals set.
If you require further assistance about the Undersubscribed Special Licence process, call:
- 1-888-944-5494 Toll Free in North America
Restrictions on eligibility and licence combinations are the same as in the regular hunting draws process. For example,
if you were drawn for an Antlerless Mule Deer Special Licence, you cannot get another Antlerless Mule Deer Licence through
the undersubscribed licence sale.
- Non-resident (Canadian) hunters are eligible for only certain special licences. Non-resident Alien hunters are not eligible for these special licences.
- You do not need to have applied in the draw to be eligible to buy an undersubscribed special licence.
- Any person in possession of a valid WIN and in compliance with the above may purchase a special licence.
Learn more about eligibility requirements:
Updated: Aug 11, 2017