Undersubscribed Special Licences
COVID-19 response: temporary closures
The Government of Alberta has temporarily closed front counters at all Fish and Wildlife offices across the province.
Alberta Parks facilities, including parking lots, are also temporarily closed. For more information, visit the Alberta Parks advisories page.
For more information about Alberta’s COVID-19 response, visit COVID-19 info for Albertans.
When too few people apply for special licences in some WMUs the undersubscribed special licences are made available for sale to eligible hunters online and at licence issuers.
Undersubscribed Special Licences Available
Please visit Alberta RELM for the quotas available
New for 2018!
It will now be easier to purchase your undersubscribed Special Fish Harvest licence. We have eliminated the step required for you to reserve your licence before purchase saving you time and money!
Starting on August 3, 2018 Undersubscribed Special Walleye licences information can be found at:
Licences are available to purchase at 9:00 AM Wednesday August 8, 2018
Purchasing Undersubscribed Special Licences
Licences are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
Real time licence availability will appear once you have logged into your profile and have selected the undersubscribed species. Once quota has been depleted the licence will no longer appear.
- To purchase a special undersubscribed licence online, you must have a pre-numbered Government of Alberta tag & wire before you begin your purchase.
There are 3 options to order tags:
- Contact Us page on AlbertaRelm.com
- Contacting the AlbertaRelm Help Desk at 1-888-944-5494
- In person at a Alberta Fish and Wildlife District office or a Licence Issuer
August 8, 2018
Sale will close when all available licences have been purchased.
If you require further assistance about the Undersubscribed Special Licence process, call:
- 1-888-944-5494 Toll Free in North America
Restrictions on eligibility and licence combinations are the same as in the regular hunting draws process. For example,
if you were drawn for an Antlerless Mule Deer Special Licence, you cannot get another Antlerless Mule Deer Licence through
the undersubscribed licence sale.
- Non-resident (Canadian) hunters are eligible for only certain special licences. Non-resident Alien hunters are not eligible for these special licences.
- You do not need to have applied in the draw to be eligible to buy an undersubscribed special licence.
- Any person in possession of a valid WIN and in compliance with the above may purchase a special licence.
Learn more about eligibility requirements:
Updated: Aug 8, 2018