Licence/Permits - Hunters with Disabilities

COVID-19 response: temporary closures

The Government of Alberta has temporarily closed front counters at all Fish and Wildlife offices across the province.

  • You can contact Fish and Wildlife offices using the phone numbers listed on the Fish and Wildlife - Contacts page.
  • For recreational sportfishing or hunting information, please visit AlbertaRELM or call the AlbertaRELM Help Desk at 1-888-944-5494.
  • Vehicle access is now permitted at parking lots and staging areas in provincial parks and public land. Facilities like playgrounds and washrooms remain temporarily closed. For more information, visit the Alberta Parks advisories page.

For more information about Alberta’s COVID-19 response, visit COVID-19 info for Albertans.

Special permits and licences are available to assist hunters (residents, non-resident Canadians and non-resident aliens) with permanent disabilities.

These licence/permits are available, for no additional fees, through Alberta Fish and Wildlife Division district offices.

How to Apply for a Licence/Permit

  1. Review the criteria for the licence or permit you wish to apply for
  2. Obtain medical certification
  3. Fill out the application form
  4. Submit your application
Important! Medical Certification must be obtained from a physician or therapist to support any application. See below for the required letter. Physicians or therapists completing these certification letters should review the corresponding licence or permit criteria information sheet.

Cross-bow Licence

Off-Highway Vehicle (OHV) Permit

Weapons Discharge Permit

Submitting Your Application

Completed applications must be submitted to the nearest district Fish and Wildlife Division office. To find contact information for an office near you, see:

Updated: Jul 24, 2020