Magrath Antlerless White-tailed Deer Quota Hunt
From November 2023 to January 2024, five antlerless white-tailed deer quota hunts will take place in the area surrounding the Town of Magrath, in southern Alberta in WMU 108.
- November 30–December 2, 2023
- December 7–9, 2023
- December 14–16, 2023
- January 4–6, 2024
- January 11–13, 2024
Quota will be set at 25 licences per hunt, for a total quota of 125 licences with each licence issued with two tags.
Valid hunt location will be limited to Twp 5, Range 22, W4M (West of the 4th Meridian), south of Highway 5 (see map below).
All hunters must ensure they have appropriate permission to hunt on any lands within the hunt boundary, and follow all federal, provincial, and municipal regulations and by-laws with respect to the discharge of any weapon.
- All individuals must be eligible to hold an Alberta Resident hunting licence.
- Any Albertan that is eligible to hunt may purchase, regardless of other licences held in 2023.
- Residents only.
- No partner licences.
- Be sure of your target.
- Be sure of your backstop.
- Know your firearm and ammunition.
- Be aware of other hunters and non-hunters in the area.
- Do not crowd other hunters
Hunting Regulations Review
The Alberta Hunting Regulations apply to this hunt. Review the regulations at:
Regulation Highlights to Note
- The definition of an “antlerless deer” is: An animal that has antlers not exceeding 10.2 centimetres (4 inches) in length.
- Tag your deer properly and be mindful of where you deposit your gut pile (may require depositing off-site).
- A loaded firearm in a vehicle is unlawful.
- Shooting from any part of a vehicle is unlawful.
- Shooting from a graveled road is unlawful.
- Shooting an animal for someone else is unlawful.
It is unlawful to discharge a weapon within 183 metres (200 yards) or cause a projectile from a weapon to pass within 183 metres
(200 yards) of any occupied building. Owners, occupants, or persons authorized by the owner or occupant are excepted, subject to local bylaws.
||Licences will be available for purchase at 9:00 AM on November 16, 2023
Licences will be available on a first-come-first-served basis.
||Licence cost is $11.75 plus GST.
|Where to purchase
||Authorized individuals can purchase licences online at the AlbertaReLM website or a Licence Issuer.
||One licence per person.
|Certificates and tags
All authorized hunters are required to hold a valid Wildlife Certificate prior to purchasing a licence.
Each licence will be issued with 2 tags. Online purchases will require possession of green tags in advance, which can be ordered:
Updated: Oct 24, 2023