White-tailed deer hunt in WMU 108
There is an antlerless white-tailed deer hunting opportunity near the Town of Magrath, Alberta in WMU 108 this December 2019. Magrath Town council has requested that the department hold a quota hunt for antlerless white-tailed deer, similar to hunts held in the past. The hunt area is restricted to a small portion of WMU 108 immediately adjacent to the Town of Magrath (see Magrath Quota Hunt Area Map).
Important! While Town of Magrath is encouraging landowners to provide hunting access, it remains the responsibility of the hunter to contact ALL landowners for access to property they wish to hunt on.
The Town of Magrath has contacted several landowners in advance of the hunt. It remains the responsibility of the hunter to contact ALL landowners for access to property they wish to hunt on.While Town of Magrath is encouraging landowners to provide hunting access, it remains the responsibility of the hunter to contact ALL landowners for access to property they wish to hunt on.
All current Alberta hunting regulations apply.
2019 Quota hunt dates
Three quota hunts will take place on
- December 5 to 7
- December 12 to 14
- December 19 to 21
Licence availability and purchases
- Licenses will go on sale Tuesday, November 26 at 9:00 a.m.
- Each hunt will have 25 licences available with two tags per licence awarded. Only one licence per person.
- Residents only. All applicants must be eligible to hold an Alberta Resident hunting licence.
- Licences will be available for purchase online at AlbertaRELM and at licence issuers on a first-come-first-served basis. Green tags will need to be obtained in advance to purchase a licence online.
- Licence cost is $10.70 plus GST.
Hunt area and map
There are no changes to the area map for 2019 (the 2018 map applies). The Quota hunt boundary includes all lands within Township 5, Range 22 West of the 4th Meridian that lie south of Highway 5 (excluding lands within Magrath town limits).
Important! It is the responsibility of all hunters to make sure they are hunting within the hunt area boundary.
Updated: Nov 6, 2019