Fishing Draws FAQs

COVID-19 response: temporary closures

The Government of Alberta has temporarily closed front counters at all Fish and Wildlife offices across the province.

  • You can contact Fish and Wildlife offices using the phone numbers listed on the Fish and Wildlife - Contacts page.
  • For recreational sportfishing or hunting information, please visit AlbertaRELM or call the AlbertaRELM Help Desk at 1-888-944-5494.
  • Vehicle access is now permitted at parking lots and staging areas in provincial parks and public land. Facilities like playgrounds and washrooms remain temporarily closed. For more information, visit the Alberta Parks advisories page.

For more information about Alberta’s COVID-19 response, visit COVID-19 info for Albertans.

Open All

You can purchase a draw application from a private licence issuer or online during a certain time period. For exact dates, see the current year's Special Walleye Licence Draws Pamphlet:

Undersubscribed licences are reserved on a first-come first-served basis. For exact dates, see the current year's Special Walleye Licence Draws pamphlet:

Reserve an undersubscribed licence:

Draw applications may be purchased at licence issuers online:

Draw results are available online:

For exact dates, see the current year's guide to Special Walleye Licence Draws pamphlet:

Yes. Anyone who wishes to fish for walleye must enter the draw.

Read other frequently asked questions:

If you have more questions about purchasing recreational fishing licences in Alberta, contact the ACTIVE Help Desk:

Toll-free in North America: 1-888-944-5494

Learn more about fishing regulations in Alberta:

Contact Us

Updated: Mar 30, 2017