If there are not enough draw applicants to fill the quota set for the licences through the draw process, the undersubscribed licences will be made available for sale to eligible Alberta resident anglers on a first-come first-served basis.
2020 Undersubscribed Special Walleye licences information can be found at the AlbertaRELM website starting May 5, 2020. Licences are available to reserve and purchase at 9:00 AM Tuesday May 5, 2020.
Before You Buy, Get Your Tags
Important! You must have tags in hand to purchase the undersubscribed licences online.
To buy a special undersubscribed walleye licence online, you must have pre-numbered Government of Alberta tags before you begin your purchase.
There are three options to order tags:
- Submit an Order Tags request through the online form on the AlbertaRELM website at:
- Order tags by telephone by contacting:
- Get tags in person at a Alberta Fish and Wildlife District office or a Licence Issuer.
Purchasing Your Undersubscribed Licence
- Find out what is available May 5, 2020 online at the AlbertaRELM website.
- Purchase your licence May 5, 2020 online at the AlbertaRELM website or at a licence issuer.
Normal licence restrictions apply regarding licence combinations and eligibility. For example, if you were drawn in one of the Special Walleye Licence draws,you cannot obtain another licence through
the undersubscribed process.
An angler does not have to apply in the draw in order to be eligible to obtain an undersubscribed licence. Draw priorities are not affected by the acquisition of an undersubscribed licence.
If you have any questions contact the RELM Help Desk 1-888-944-5494
For size, seasons and lakes, refer to:
Updated: May 5, 2020